Over 90 years of servicing electrical needs for all markets


It began in 1924 when Schaedler Brothers was created by Harry, Andrew, and William Schaedler, a sibling partnership that started simply with the purchasing, plating, assembling, and selling of light fixture parts.


Twenty years later, Motter Electric Company was incorporated to distribute electrical supplies.  In 1956, Motter officially changed its name to York Electrical Supply Company (YESCO).

    
In 1999, Schaedler Brothers, Inc., and YESCO merged, creating what to this day is the largest electrical distributor headquartered in Central Pennsylvania.  

As part of our heritage, we have developed the same capabilities of a large chain, but continue to operate as your neighborhood supplier with a personal touch. We invite you to try all of our services from basic to specialty.



1924
  • Schaedler Bros., is founded by Harry, Andrew, and William Schaedler in Philadelphia, PA
1946
  • The beginning of the second generation with Tom Schaedler Sr.
1949
  • Schaedler Bros., celebrates its 25th year.
1952
  • Schaedler Bros.,relocates to 1030 S. 13th Street due to cramped offices and warehouse at its Briggs Street location.
1954
  • Schaedler Bros., takes on Allen-Bradley
1955
  • Schaedler Bros.,is incorporated under the management of Harry and Andrew
1972
  • Jim Schaedler starts with Schaedler Bros., Inc. (SBi) marking the beginning of the third generation
1973
  • Henry Schaedler starts with the company
1974
  • SBi celebrates its 50th year.
 1979
  • SBi purchased its first computer used for managing accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory control, and sales analysis.
1982
  • Industrial Automation department is born
1985
  • Tom Schaedler Jr. starts with the company completing the third generation
1988
  • SBi's first branch is opened in Carlisle, PA consisting of 18,000 sq. ft
1990
  • SBi's second branch opens in Williamsport, PA consisting of 17,000 sq. ft.
1992
  • Data & Communication department was born
1999
  • SBi celebrates its 75th year.
 
  • Schaedler Brothers and York Electrical Supply Co (YESCO) merge to form Schaedler Yesco Distribution, Inc (SYD).
2000
  • A new corporate office headquarters was purchased from Life Center, 951 S 13th Street, Harrisburg
2003
  • SYD relocates its York, PA branch from George Street to Smile Way in York City Industrial Park.
2005
  • SYD officially opens a location in State College, PA in a 13,000 sq. ft. facility at 2553 Carolean Industrial Drive.
2006
  • SYD, APR, and IPS officially open its first, joint-venture location in Chambersburg, PA. This multi-distributor business model is a unique, one-of-a-kind concept in the distribution industry.
 
2007
  • SYD moves in with APR Supply and officially opens a location in Lebanon, PA at 305 N. Fifth Avenue.
2008
  • SYD and APR Supply jointly open a 7,500 sq ft.location in the Pocono Mountains along Route 191 in Cresco, PA
 
 
2009
  • SYD acquires the Indiana branch of Gertz Electric at 227 Airport Road, Indiana, PA.
2010
  • SYD announces the acquisition of Service Electric Company adding branches in Pittsburgh, PA and New Kensington, PA.
2011
  • SYD moves in with APR Supply and officially opens Wilkes-Barre location at 800 Mercer Avenue, Kingston, PA.
 
  • SYD opens a 3,200 sq ft. Towanda location along Route 6 just east of Route 187 in Wysox, PA.
2012
  • SYD opens a joint-venture location with APR and IPS located on N. Keyser Road in Scranton, PA.
 
  • SYD relocates its Indiana, PA location to a newly constructed building at Shelly Drive. Joint venture partner APR Supply joins SYD at the new facility.
 
  • SYD relocates and merges its Pittsburgh and New Kensington branches into one building at 640 Alpha Drive, RIDC Industrial Park, Pittsburgh, PA.
   
   
   
   
   

Andrew Schaedler
Schaedler Bros. Truck

Schaedler Bros. Truck
Tom Schaedler Sr.

Henry, Jim, & Tom Schaedler
3rd & 4th Generation Schaedlers