Networking & DataComm
We can help improve communication, security, and data transmission.
Our Data Networking team specializes in a variety of areas including Structured Cabling, Surveillance, Access Control, Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems, Data Center Air Conditioning, and system design. Let the team at Schaedler Yesco help make your next project a success.
DATA CENTER / NETWORKING PRODUCTS
- Ethernet Cards (copper/fiber)
- Media Converters (copper/fiber)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) injectors and switches
- Surge Protection
- Switches, and Routers
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
- In Row Air
- Ribbon Cable
- Management Software
- Fusion Splicers
- Laser Optimized fiber (multi mode)
- LC, SC, ST style connectivity
- Loose tube, tight buffered, gel filled, and hybrid cable designs
- Optical time-domain reflectometer (OTDR)
- Pre-terminated Cable Assemblies
- Air Blown fiber
- Multi-mode fiber
- Single-mode fiber (8.3 micron)
- Splicing Enclosures (indoor, outdoor, buried
- 110 and 66 style punch down blocks
- Building Entrance Protection (BEP)
- Cable Support Hardware (ladder rack, J-hooks, etc.)
- Custom-made cable assemblies
- Factory Assembled Patch Cords (Cat 5e, 6, 6a) Fiber
- Modular Furniture Adapters
- Patch Panels (rack and wall mountable)
- Relay Racks and Cabinets (climate control)
- RJ21 Telco assemblies
- Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) Cable, (5e thru 6a)
- Shielded Twisted Pair
- Wire Management (horizontal, vertical)
- Work Area Outlets
- Fire Stopping
- Grounding & Bonding
SURVEILLANCE, SOUND, SECURITY, FIRE ALARM
- Access Control
- CCTV (Analog/IP)
- Coaxial Cable (RG 6, 11, 59, Hardline, etc.)
- DVRs, Cameras and NVRs
- F and BNC connectors
- Fire Alarm Systems & Cable
- Low Voltage Cable
- Paging Systems (Overhead Paging & Sound)
- Call Systems
- Emergency Notification Systems
Cabling is an integral part of your network infrastructure.
The cabling you choose can affect the transmission of your data.
Schaedler Yesco has the products and knowledge to help provide peace of mind that your network remains functional and reliable.
The data center has become a critical hub of all businesses.
Connectivity to systems and machines that provide real-time data means that transmission must be reliable and fast. It also means that protecting your data system is crucial to overall business management. We understand that speed, reliability, and flexibility are paramount in managing your data and we are ready to support your needs.
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Cooling Solutions
- Power Distribution Units (PDU)
- Management Software
- Green Energy Efficient Products
Security & Surveillance
Protecting your investment is more important than ever. One way of accomplishing this is through the implementation of Security and surveillance systems. Security & Surveillance systems not only provide a level of deterrence, but they will also provide notification and documentation if and when an event occurs.
Both traditional wired and IP based access control systems can be designed and implemented in an entire building or in specific areas where an additional level of security is desired. Access Control systems can provide you with an audit trail of who entered and exited a building, area, or room while helping to provide the additional level of security desired.
Detection and notification are the first steps in ensuring fire safety and are required in most areas. Effectively detecting fire and smoke and the subsequent notification of building occupants help to ensure individuals evacuate the area. Schaedler Yesco has solutions for a multitude of applications including residential 120 volt interconnected smoke detectors.
Call systems are an integral part of any security and life safety system. Blue Light Emergency Phones, Area of Refuge, Nurse Call, and Mass Notification are some of the various types of systems that Schaedler Yesco can assist with.
Business continuity relies on consistent power.
Ensuring your network and devices remain online and available during a power outage is critical to ensuring business continuity. Schaedler Yesco has the expertise to help you choose the best solution for your business.
Be confident in your system.
Troubleshooting and providing proof performance are key to maintaining a reliable structured cabling system. Whether telephone, data, copper or fiber, Schaedler Yesco can help you choose the right testing equipment for the project. We can also provide you with the training to ensure proper usage of those tools.
From watches to handbags to electronics and mechanical parts, a lot of products are victim to counterfeiting and cable isn't immune!
There are many reasons counterfeiting is an issue:
- Making Code and Standard compliant product is expensive
- There are unscrupulous manufacturers out there and it's "easy" to fake compliance
- People want a “bargain”
- Not everyone knows the signs of non-compliant product
So how can you tell if your cable is counterfeit?
- Packaging and/or cable shows UL symbol on package or cable but the package does not have the UL holographic label
- Every box of UL Listed cable requires a holographic label - If there's no label, the cable may be non-compliant to NEC
- The packaging is deceptively advertised and marketed as fully compliant -- for example “Plenum rated” / “Plenum cable” / “Plenum approved”
- UL Public Notices are issued to warn users - Visit the UL website and the Intertek website for more info (see links in right hand tool bar)
- Poor quality and packaging
- Additional warning signs include:
- Unfamiliar brands from unknown manufacturers
- Only available from online vendors
- Poor English on company website
- No information or hidden information on factory location or country of origin
What are the risks of having non-compliant cable?
- Most importantly, using non-compliant cable is a safety risk
- Liability for Installation of Non-Compliant Cable
- Installers have a legal responsibility (a duty of care) to ensure the products they install are compliant to local building codes
- “..a duty of care is a legal obligation which is imposed on an individual requiring adherence to a standard of reasonable care while performing any acts that could foreseeably harm others.”
- Liability exists whether or not the installer actually knows (or verifies) the product is non-compliant
- Consequences for the installation of non-compliant cable
- Vary by state but can include fines and/or imprisonment for building code violation
- Some states impose fines for each day the code violation exists
- Certificate of Occupancy may not be issued to building owner/tenant
- Possible Civil Liability
How can you avoid buying non-compliant cable?
- Always purchase your cable from a distributor like Schaedler Yesco that guarantees their product is authentic and fully compliant with all applicable codes.
Do you know the risks? Click here to watch the video.
Contact our Networking
and DataComm Specialists
for more information on the
dangers of counterfeit cables.
We offer training for proper installation.
Are you a facilities manager tasked with maintaining your structured cabling system? Bidding large projects and need to ensure that your installers are qualified to perform the installation? BICSI’s information and Communications Technology (ICT) Cabling Installation Program will not only educate but will also validate your knowledge and ability to install structured cabling while adhering to established standards and industry best practices. BICSI is the worldwide preeminent source for education and knowledge assessment for the continually evolving ICT industry. Schaedler Yesco has a BICSI Authorized Training Facility in York, Pennsylvania and a BICSI certified trainer on staff because we believe in the ideals that BICSI promotes.
Do you work in these categories? For more insight, click below:
More Information about Networking & Datacomm
Already certified and need CEC's?
Brochures & Info Sheets