"My plant is running fine. Why mess with something that's not broken?"
If you perform scheduled maintenance on your car, seal your driveway every fall, or change the batteries in your smoke detector annually, you already know the answer! But if you don't, the answer is simple; if you want to keep it running fine and meet production demands, you may need to look at your Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
Are you getting what you need when it comes to your current DCS? To know for sure, ask yourself these three questions:
- How old is your current DCS?
- Can you get support and hardware when you need it?
- Are you satisfied with your security and unplanned downtime?
If your DCS is nearing 20 years or older, you're probably having trouble finding the hardware and tech support needed to keep it updated and it's time to start developing a Migration path. But, if you aren't, you likely will soon.
Rockwell's PlantPAx 5.0 system has many benefits, including improved performance, memory, display callup, and data throughput.
Other benefits include:
- Rockwell Software: PlantPAx 5.0 utilizes Rockwell Software, so it has strong support options. The technical side of the DCS is very specific, and there are only a handful of people who could work on it if something isn't working correctly. However, many people are familiar with Rockwell. In addition to the Rockwell support team, you can use online webinars and courses to to train your own team to support, troubleshoot and optimize your DCS.
- Easy Migration: PlantPAx 5.0 supports modernization from old PlantPAx systems along with competitive platforms, allowing for easy migration from your current DCS to your new and improved system.
- Cybersecurity: We know how essential it is to keep your plant safe from cyber-attacks that could cost millions. PlantPAx supports industry-standard cybersecurity certifications.
- Decreased Downtime: The analytics enables smart diagnostics so you can get machine alerts and performance alerts to predict and shorten possible downtime.
Learn more about the benefits of getting or upgrading to PlantPAx 5.0 here and contact a Schaedler Yesco Sales rep for more information.